Social LCA: what for?
Social LCA can be used by companies to:
- present their strategy on social responsibility based on their legal obligations as well as their activities beyond that, in particular in comparison with competitors;
- increase competitiveness and create a market pool for socially sustainable products
- assess their risk along the value chains
- create a better cooperation and consolidate partnership with suppliers;
Public authorities can use social LCA:
- to provide a tool to measure the social requirements of public procurement directives;
- as a requirement to measure social impact of innovation in tenders for European projects (h2020, COSME, etc)
- to level the playing field and award socially and environmentally sustainable products.